LOOKBOOK is in hot pursuit of a truly next-generation content marketing visionary—Editor In Chief of LOOKBOOK blog portal. Combining strong digital editorial experience, along with a proven brand marketing background and a deep passion for integrated advertising, the EIC will drive the creative content vision and execution of LOOKBOOK's editorial content.
This editor will be charged with creating a framework for fashion and lifestyle coverage for LOOKBOOK that is smart, creative, buzz-worthy, and global, and implementing it on a daily basis. The position involves writing 3-5 stories per day, as well as editing of freelance and guest blogger contributors that follow the "Real people inspiring real people" mantra.
He/she must have a proven track record in:
- Performance/traffic driven environments
- Brand marketing and understanding what it takes to align a brand's goals and with an audience AS WELL AS building brand equity
- Management: working with bloggers, brands, public relations firms, etc.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Represent LOOKBOOK at all brand-related events and meetings
- Edit and sign off on all custom content, sponsored programs, and special projects
- Project manage, from the editorial side, all sold programs, including working with editors for seamless integration, liaising with Sales, and producing editorial stories from start to finish
- Work with Sales to conceive and approve original programs and campaigns and large-scale cross-category content rollouts
- Maintain LOOKBOOK brand integrity throughout all programming extensions, and work with Sales to enforce strict programming guidelines
- Source original talent for special programs, features, and presentations
- Manage special-project budgets, and assign and manage freelancers
Must be innovative and exceedingly forward-thinking, able to own the voice of the LOOKBOOK community
- A minimum of 6+ years in an editing role
within digital media
- Must possess an understanding for brand marketing and advertising
- Must be able to multitask and work under extremely tight deadlines
- Excellent ideation, packaging, and written skills
- Solid working knowledge of Excel and web-based analytics programs
- Thorough understanding of the LOOKBOOK community, social media, and fashion trends
- Based in LA or NYC
Please email your cover letter, writing samples, and résumé to email@example.com