It's summer time here again in the Philippines, but I call this season "hotter", because for me there are only two types of season here. It's either "hot" or "hotter" haha.
This "hotter" season, everyone's going to the beach. I happened to discover one that's not so commercialized yet, and thus more serene and with crystal clear waters. The lighthouse is an absolute bonus! (More about the place on my blog riajanineramos.blogspot.com)
Anyways, I thought I'd give a few tips for today. Here are a few summer tips for everyone. ;)
What to wear?
- going to the beach? wear clothes that are breezy and comfy. Leather jackets and sweaters look amazing and all that, but hey, it's summer. Get those sheer blouses and dresses out of the closet. If you still want that leather look, go for clothes that have leather like look, but are thin.
- personally, for summer I love these: sheer, lace, breezy maxis, denim shorts, flowy skirts, and oversized t-shirts with thin and comfy material
- P.S. what I'm wearing is a mixture of items from a garage sale to thrift to my mom's vintage stuff. Like I always say, you don't always have to spend much to achieve a look you want. If you don't have time for shopping or if you have no money to spend, go raid everyone's closets and customize to your liking.
- on a budget? keep cool by having a cold water spray. Just fill a small spray bottle with water and keep it in the freezer. Bring it with you. When it gets hot, it should have melted, and you'd have a cold water spray. ;) Spray it on your neck or arms to keep cool.
- drink lots of fluids. Avoid dehydration.
- always have sun screen lotion for when you go swimming.
- for normal hot summer days, it would be better if your lotion is SPF 15 or 30.
- moisturize your face. Have a face moisturizer spray. Recently I have been loving Korean cosmetics and beauty products. They cost more than other local products, but I think the Koreans are immensly great at skin care.
- the sun is draining out the moisuture of your hair enough. Avoid heat tools as much as possible. go natural or go for no heat styling.
- use moisturizing shampoos
- have your hair scheduled for a conditioning treatment
- apply Jojoba oil on the ends of your hair. This softens your hair and at the same time protects it.
- cover up with caps and hats
Enjoy your summer lovelies!