SEE MORE HERE
MenswearMonday Taking you way back to the Jazz Age of the 1920s! Back in June, my friends and I attended the first round of Jazz Age Lawn Party in NYC. We took the Governors Island Ferry and time traveled back to the Roaring Twenties. It was really cool to be surrounded by so many people dressed up for the occasion in their suit up and flapper looks. The all-day event had live music, dancing, food, drinks, antique cars, and more. It was fun and challenging to play "dress up" and match the dapper style back in the days especially in the summer heat. It's definitely a must-do NYC event of the summer!
Jazz Age Style Tip:
- Seersucker Suit: classic Gatsby look and the light suit material is perfect for the summer heat
- White Shirt with Point Collar: Back in the days, the collars were a lot longer and pointier!
- Red Striped Tie: Go Bold with a striped tie that makes the pop in the look
- Two Tone Dress Shoes: Great contrast shoes that stand out and especially these Allen Edmonds offer leather and linen fabric for breathable and cooler feet
- Nato Strap Watch: Style it with a matching watch strap that'll go well with the look
- Old School Sunglasses: A good time to try out a pair of retro sunglasses, a great detail that'll tie together the entire outfit
I love how even times have changed, classic menswear, well basically remain the same. The 20s suit style was definitely baggier with bigger collars and lapels with more accessories featured. This modern take on the Gatsby look works well for occasions like summer wedding and attending special events.
#nyc #jazz #jazzage #1920 #1920s #menswear